TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What in the hell are you guys using for mounting bolts on your engine stands? I have been to 16 different stores today to try and find 9mm x 3 1/4 in bolts and no one has them. Any other advise??

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Pappy said:
What in the hell are you guys using for mounting bolts on your engine stands? I have been to 16 different stores today to try and find 9mm x 3 1/4 in bolts and no one has them. Any other advise??
I use a few 4.6L iron block maincap bolts.They're the perfect length,and thread size.
JL

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so in reading through a ton of posts in which bolt size is discussed, it seems that people are using different thread sizes. I have heard 10 and 13 mm bolts brought up most often, yet when I chased out the holes in the back of the motor, I had to use a 9 mm tap. I am assuming that the correct size I would need would be a 9mm bolt correct?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello
I just went to ace hardware, the local hardware, and picked out bolts from the bins. They were like 10mmX1.25 pitch and 4.5 in long, i belive. The guy is a rip off cost me 12.50 for 6 bolts.

Will

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I just found some bolts around the shop that would screw in. I think they were headbolts!
-Rob

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I am an idiot..... They ARE 10mm bolts..... :beek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts