TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok people my engine is staying too cool the temp gauge is working fine but the engine temp dont rise up until its been running for a while and not moving. i think it may be because i took the air box off and didnt remove the air duct running to the front of the car, and all that cold air is circulating under the hood. now im not worried about this but the only problem is that my heater is not warmong up all the way and form as far as i can tell my heater core isnt bad. some1 let me know if they have experienced this problem after they removed the stock airbox and put CAI on their cars.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
when its really cold outside and you're moving, you're giving the engine a lot of cold air, so thats why it warms up faster if you sit still, because it's not getting as much cool air as you are when moving.
-Thomas

·
Registered
203 Posts
just replace your thermostat, its cheap, easy and smart! might even be the prob. in my grand am though, it wont heat up to normal engine temps on the way to work anymore. i drive 6 mi. to work and it won't go over 130* cause its cold as hell here now. but if i hit the highway it jumps right up. it all depends on your climate and how far you drive. hope this helps.
-mike-

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Mines the same now, since its been -20 to -30 it never heats up to a steady temp if i stop in traffic for a bit the guage drops a bar.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok guys tnx for the responces. thats what i thought , it just too f-ing cold!!! here in tennessee we got 3'' of ice on the roads so the bird wont be cranked up till it thaws guess i got to stick to my 4x4:D and what * t-stat should i put in there or what do the engin specs call for? thanks again guys

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
oem thermostat temp is 192* you can put in a 190* if you like, or 180*. But I might keep in a higher temp t-stat for winter.
-Thomas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts