TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Little Wolf
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if the 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII engine (what appears to be a DOHC) would drop in a 1994 T-Bird engine bay? If so, what mod's are necessary, i.e., motor mounts, computer, etc.. And is the transmission in the Lincoln a 4r70w? If not, is there an easy way to I.D. that hi-perf transmission. Any help, direction or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Sorry to say but... I'm gunna act like I didn't see this question

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,579 Posts
The DOHC motor swap has been covered a few times. Yes they use the 4R70W and you can pretty much drop it in with the harness and a tune. You should be able to find all the details with the search button.

That said, it is more cost effective to do an Explorer PI swap, depending on your future plans for the car.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
LOL! Melon where on earth did u find that? Aha!

·
Registered
87 Posts
If your interested in the explorer swap.

I have a 2002 explorer engine with all sensors from tbird swapped over, crower II cams in it, and it has kooks jet hot coated headers currently on it but i can take the headers off.. The engine was out of a test vehicle with 13k on it.. I was doing a project but have decided to scrap it.. AAMCO swaped the sensors, cam, and headers. I paid 1650 for engine, 300 for cam, 750 i think for headers, and paid aamco like 1k to put that stuff in there. I am VERY negotiable if you want any part of this stuff.. I have the stock cam laying around too. Oil pan already swapped, factory 97 tbird fuel rails cost me like $250 and higher flow injectors. I have 255iph fuel pump i can give you too. Engine is ready to be installed into car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts