TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need some info... I need to know what I will need to do if I were to swap a 94 mark engine in place of a 95 sohc in a bird. I met a fella with a trans shop and he told me he'd sell me the whole 94 mark for $200. Its been sitting like 8 months and he says it ran fine just had a broken trans. Any info will help don't want to let this go by if its worth it..:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
You do know that the cobra engine is the same as the MK???

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello
Well I say take the mark motor and dump it in the bird. I'm in the middle of the swap right now and its not that bad everything will bolt up ie accersoies and all the sensors are the same except for the iac, tps, evr and ect(engine coolant temperature sensor not ectera). All you have to do is just cut and splice the tbird harness to those mark sensors then plug all the rest in and get a eec chip to run the motor from Lonnie and your good. So all there is to it is to rewire four sensors extend a few, get a rpm switch for the intake manifold runner controls and do some exhaust work thats all its that simple. And if its a 94 its an easy swap because its coil packs and you have obd-1. With 96 and up it gets harder but still do able. My opion a 4 valve motor in a bird is just hot because not to many people have one in the birds its just the uniquness factor plus its 280 hp and 285 ft/lbs of torque much better then 215 hp and 255 torque, but thats my personal opion go with what you know and definatly plan it out. Price out everything you think you will need and double it and if its still worth it do it and don't look back just take your time have fun and rember work safe and smart. By the way the mark motors are slightly different then the cobra motor the cobras have a different cam profile and a different intake and a forged crank i belive but there almost the same. Later.

Will

1 - 6 of 6 Posts