TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend's engine is pecking pretty bad in her '00 Mustang GT. Since I have a good 4.6L motor from a - '94 Thunderbird I was wondering if I could just stick her heads and intake on it?
Any differences in compression, or anything that would matter?:confused:
Frank

·
Registered
255 Posts
Im sure it can be done with reasonable ease but if I were you I would look around for a good deal on a used Mustang motor. The motor I plan on dropping into my bird only cost me 200 dollars. It does have 100k miles but it runs. You may not be able to find one for that good of a deal but it never hurts to look. :)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
do some home tuning and pull the octane adjust plug! Why dont you just put the whole tbird engine in it (with plastic PI intake) and keep those PI heads for yourself to pay for labor ;)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
You can do that, but her car has PI heads and thus the compression will be higher (around 10.6:1) and will require both a tune and higher octane fuel. Not something I would recommend doing if you want simple and easy.
Nope, I was backwards too. Somehow I saw NPI heads going onto a PI block.
I retract my statement because it was stupid. LOL

You are correct, carry on. :)

Darrin

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
do some home tuning and pull the octane adjust plug! Why dont you just put the whole tbird engine in it (with plastic PI intake) and keep those PI heads for yourself to pay for labor ;)
If I remember correctly,the '00 Mustangs do not have an octane adjust plug.
JL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts