TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about getting a 3.8 sc engine out of a either a 89 or 90 model sc and rebuilding it; then dropping it into my 93 lx. What all needs to done to accomplish this? Will I need to get the computer off the sc? What about the wiring harness? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
how about we give him a little more explination eh?

a 3.8SC engine and a 3.8 N/A are two different animals, along with the 3.8LX cars not having parts that could take the stress of a SC-ed 3.8 (1/2 shafts, differential just for starters) In the long run, it won't be worth it and if you would go though that trouble, there's far bigger, badder engines you could drop in.

Best bet is keep the 3.8 you have now as stock as you can, save up ...then pick up another bird/cougar and mod the piss out of it :)

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Fubarian said:
Best bet is keep the 3.8 you have now as stock as you can, save up ...then pick up another bird/cougar and mod the piss out of it :)
either that or buy a used SC (the car). check out www.sccoa.com they are for sale all the time over there.

i see that your from beaumont. check out the houston thread in the texas chapter forum. im hoping to round up a bunch of us for a get together at a hooters.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts