TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for as much information as I can get about a swap between my 4.6 and a cobra 4.6. What model in particular should I buy and what other mods would need to be made to do this swap?

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
You'll find lots of info by searching for things like DOHC swap, mark VIII engine swap, and things of that nature. I am guesing it will answer all your questions, but if it doesn't ask what remaining questions you have after doing some reading.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You can pick up a set of EVTM CDs over on ebay. Get one for the year of the vehicle and one for the year of the engine. It will make tracing out the wires a lot easier. The swap is pretty straight forward though. Only thing you will have to work around is what exhaust you will use as in Mark 8 manifolds or a set of custom headers since the steering shaft issue. Or modify the steering shaft and use Cobra parts. Then how will you wire up the IMRCs to work. It's not a good idea to delete them in these heavy cars so you will need the added torque the produce. A window switch would be the easiest set up for you since you have a 94. You will need a chip to finish it off so it will run properly. Let me know if you need a chip.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I need a chip, but for my 95 Exploder swap. PM me lonnie so we can talk more :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts