TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember a little while ago there were a few engineers on here looking for jobs. Well, my mother works for United Technology and they are in serious need of some drafters in Uni-Graphixs (not sure on spelling). The jobs are are in South Florida and they pay very very well. If anyone is interested, send a resume or some sort of reply to [email protected]

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
jarends00 said:
****...wish i knew unigraphics. i know pro-e instead....but I'm an engineering technology guy :(
i'm just curious, what's the difference between engineering and engineering technology. What kind of jobs are applicable to someone with an e.t. degree? Not trying to hijack, just wanting to know.

Also, will these jobs still be available in 4 years :D (Never hurts to ask)

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
i'm just curious, what's the difference between engineering and engineering technology. What kind of jobs are applicable to someone with an e.t. degree? Not trying to hijack, just wanting to know.

Also, will these jobs still be available in 4 years :D (Never hurts to ask)
Good question, I never actually realized what ET was until you asked this, and I'm an engineering student myself (mechanical).

Check this link out, it describes some differences: http://www.ent.ucf.edu/what_ent/ENT/index.htm

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
ET will be more hands on, building prototypes, sketching, setting up test equipment, that sort of things, not too much involvment with customers or product development . Engineering is more design oriented, creating parts, molds, manufacture processes, etc, and a lot more working with customers and managment.

·
Registered
698 Posts
WHOA...hold up hotrod. yes, ET is more hands on, but if you want to design AND build the prototypes, good luck. anyways, i have a crappy job because i'm only an ET instead of an Engineer. IF you are smart enough and can cut it, STAY as an ME. It will get you farther and get you more money. Trust me, if I had to do it all over again, I would go straight ME instead of what i did.

Wiz

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
simple fact is - theory is theory, not reality. After getting my degree in EET, I think its much more 'everyday useful' than a bunch of theory for systems no one can touch for 10 years (lack of exp). Its worthless until you can apply it.

and uh ...will train?

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
jarends00 said:
****...wish i knew unigraphics. i know pro-e instead....but I'm an engineering technology guy :(
Knowing Pro-E is definitely an asset though, you should be able to find something out there where you can use your skills.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I live in Northwest Iowa, so there are only a few companies that use it. and, since i'm a youngin right outta college, i don't have experience....and experience bends me over EVERY time. hell yeah, I would LOVE to do R&D and stuff like that, but without experience, you are HOSED.

Wiz

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
So, What does this make me?

Research, Design, Test, Evaulate, Beta Test, Get Feedback, Make Better, Test, Evaulate, Distribute, Support , refine, Distribute, Support some more..

Maybe I should fire myself, and higher a team of people :)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Pooperscooper said:
I remember a little while ago there were a few engineers on here looking for jobs. Well, my mother works for United Technology and they are in serious need of some drafters in Uni-Graphixs (not sure on spelling). The jobs are are in South Florida and they pay very very well. If anyone is interested, send a resume or some sort of reply to [email protected]

hey man, by the way... where is this place located (just curious)? I'll be sending my resume Asap (just need to do some updating and all that good stuff)

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
We might Justin. Shoot me an email or a PM with what you are looking for.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts