TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Whats the difference between the GT 4.6 and the Explorer 4.6 and why people prefer the Explorer engine? I want to do the swap and i want to weigh my options.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Another advantage is that for 94/95's you can use the timing cover from your car on the Explorer motor.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
so long as they are for a tbird, yes

still has PI heads.. still a 4.6... just some minor differences. alum vs iron like JR said, oil pan, front cover, intake a little different, etc

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
you need your front cover, your oil pan, your oil pickup tube, your front accessories, a newer style intake unless you want to try to tap the plastic in the back, a 96+ upper intake, etc etc etc

you also need to swap over the oil filter mount/coolant output piece on right side of engine

be really careful with that gasket, you don't wanna pay to get a new one.

all i can think of right now.. but there is more

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
you need your front cover, your oil pan, your oil pickup tube, your front accessories, a newer style intake unless you want to try to tap the plastic in the back, a 96+ upper intake, etc etc etc

you also need to swap over the oil filter mount/coolant output piece on right side of engine

be really careful with that gasket, you don't wanna pay to get a new one.

all i can think of right now.. but there is more
i run the exploder intake with the heater core fitting in the front! If he is lucky, the yard wont hack off the flow restrictor and he can use it!

jeez, dick-oy-oh, even Tim did the front heater core fitting maniold....

frickin guy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts