TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4.6 DOHC and my engine keeps flooding its self BAD

(short story) i gas up and jumped on the freeway driving fine no problems, then acted like i ran out of gas(same symptoms) so i thought my fuel pump went out, so i just towed it home

So i end up getting the car towed home and i am getting spark, I have compression but aim getting to much fuel i replace the plugs twice every time, i take them out and put new ones in there, go to start it runs for like 2 secs then stops running take the plugs back out there dripping with gas

I replace the fuel presser regulator thinking that was the problem but no, and is there a way to get to the fuel pump with out dropping the tank(1993 mark 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another thing is i think i have a little gas in the oil but when i pull the dip stick and put a lighter to it, but it doesn't burn so i don't think theirs to much gas in there but i stop messing with it for now lintel i can get some more help

p.s i have the green injectors(forgot what lb they are) with a 4 lb pro charger and had this setup for years no problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no codes the check engine light is on i think but i am not pulling any codes

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
i wont even get into the whole "are you tuned" thing (because you should be).....the green injectors are 42 #/hr

you could have a physical problem with an injector (assuming of course the FPR is indeed working fine...or it could be related to the ECT...the engine uses ECT signal to calculate fuel delivery while cranking...nothing else

·
5,650 Posts
How have you determined that you are actually getting too much fuel? The plugs wet with fuel doesn't necessarily it is "flooding"; you could have something else not happening, i.e. not enough air to fire the mixture, or spark out of time with the injector firing.

And the CEL is on you think? It's a pretty straightforward thing--it's either ON or it's not. If it is, you need to pull the codes first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like i said not getting any codes. i took it to a shop cause a guy said he look at it for free, and he thinks timing, now i have jumped timing on another car of mine that is also chain, and i felt it, could here it, and seen smoke, would that be the same with this engine could it be possible to jump timing and not know it.

P.S. if i spray starting fluid in the intake it starts but only runs lintel its all gone and runs like crap

·
Registered
249 Posts
And the CEL is on you think? It's a pretty straightforward thing--it's either ON or it's not. If it is, you need to pull the codes first.
I don't know if it's the same for the 93, but when I turn my key to on engine off I have a CEL. Maybe that is what he is referring to since he can not start the car really without the fuel injector. This could mean no code is available if a shop checked.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
like i said not getting any codes. i took it to a shop cause a guy said he look at it for free, and he thinks timing, now i have jumped timing on another car of mine that is also chain, and i felt it, could here it, and seen smoke, would that be the same with this engine could it be possible to jump timing and not know it.

P.S. if i spray starting fluid in the intake it starts but only runs lintel its all gone and runs like crap
why wonder? take off the front cover...highly unlikely, but if you're gonna go with your mechanic's suggestion, then you have to take off the front cover

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
well he said "the plugs", so based on the words he chose, I'm forced to assume that all 8 plugs are dripping with gas....likelyhood of the pcm hanging all 8 injectors open?.....highly unlikely, but possible none the less

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes ALL PLUGS have gas on them and i have had the setup (pro charger, injector, etc) for a long time the only thing i do to it, is the normal on time maintenance

1 - 14 of 14 Posts