TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turning signals (both left and right), will sometimes get 'stuck' when trying to blink off. It hesitates and makes a sound like it's "exerting force" to switch back to the off position.

This does not happen all the time, comes and goes randomly and regardless of speed (it happens at stops as well as city driving and highway speeds). None of my other lights or instruments are exhibiting unusual behavior of any kind. Nothing else is dimming, hesitating, etc.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Former

Yeah, the signal arm moves just fine. But let's just say I'm sitting at a stop light (or moving and waiting for the lane to clear so I can move over) and I've got the signal on... it'll be blinking, on, off, on, off, on...bzzt, off, on....bzzzt, off.

So there's an actually flasher or relay or something somewhere I need to replace? The same one controls both sides?

Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I now know what I'm doing this weekend... besides disassembling my driver side door to lubricate all of the window pulleys... (damn thing has a few places where it "senses" too much resistance and stutters).

I appreciate all the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts