TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what a good rate is for frame repair/straightening? I got my bumper support off tonight, and it will def. have to spend some time on the rack to get the crumple zone mounts for the bumper support bent back into shape. I can save the rad. support, but the drivers' side is just trashed on the mount. I don't want to get ripped off on this, so I thought I'd ask first.

Jay

·
Registered
708 Posts
lets say that frame time is $50/hr.

frame rate will always be more than body or paint time. frame work just plain sux.
first things first, youll pay at leats 2.0 hrs for frame rack setup. might be 4. 6 or 8 for full size pickup. during this process, the guy clamps the car to the rack by the pinch welds under the car. not fast and not fun.

after that, the car needs to be measured, to see what has moved and by how much. then they whip out the chains and pull. 2-4 hrs for that. this will most likely involve removing both fenders. thats 2.0 hrs each also.

thats about it. they obviously add to the work order for minor paint work to protect anyplace that was compromised. just let them do that so it doesnt start rusting before you get it. shouldnt be more than 1hr, depending on how many panels need it.

Also youll have to let them reassemble it, so they can check all panel gaps, and hold them to it. make sure they do the job right.

hope that helps

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, that's a good start. The fenders are still on it, as is the hood. None of these were effected in the wreck, as the gaps and lines did not move. Seems to be isolated to just the front bumper support mounts. Heck, the front end alignment is still spot on. I guess I'll be calling around to get some more estimates.

Thanks for the info. Never really knew what all was entailed in having this done.

Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts