TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My most recent visit at the track I ran a 16.28 In a stock 1992 T-bird sport. Which from my undrstanding is decent for a stock 5.0 H.O.. Today I bought a DynoMax catback system and an ASP pully kit that I plan to install sometime this week. I also plan to go to the track this Friday, What should be expecting to run? I would love to break 15!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would think that a high 15 second run isn't out of the question. I'd say drop the rear tire pressure to 24, air the fronts to the max, and get a good launch with a little spin as possible. Manually shift and I'd say you'd have no problem going 15's.
Maybe even a 15.5-15.6 could be had. Try putting ice on the intake and letting it cool a while before you run.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah all 89 and 90 XR7 were 3.8SC...same as the T-Bird SC just alot more rare.

Stock the car went 15.3 @ 90

With ZRMotorsports CAI, 5% pulley, HyperTech chip, no cats, different mufflers, intercooler fan (doesn't do much), and a blend of 93 and 100 octane (so about 95-96 octane) that's when I went the 14 second pass listed in my signature. Other than that it was consitant 14.6-14.7 on straight 93. I weighted the car with 1/2 tank fuel on a CAT certified scale and it weighted in a whopping 4130lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts