TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Thunderbird 1996 v8 4.6L black with tan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Members, was wondering iff there are some european owners on this forum site.
New to the american car world as an owner. Got myself an 96 tbird 4.6 v8 LX.
Spare parts are rare. Not many here and older car.

Me:
Vincent
city : Nieuwe-Tonge

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,207 Posts
Hi Members, was wondering iff there are some european owners on this forum site.
New to the american car world as an owner. Got myself an 96 tbird 4.6 v8 LX.
Spare parts are rare. Not many here and older car.

Me:
Vincent
city : Nieuwe-Tonge
Welcome! Not sure how many European fellow members you have. But welcome, we are happy to help!

·
Super Moderator
8,006 Posts
Welcome! There actually used to be a member on here from the Netherlands, who went by Dutch T-bird. Unfortunately he passed away a few years back. There is one member in the UK, Andy625UK, but I don’t think there is anyone else on these forums from Europe. These cars are starting to get rare to see even in the US, so I’m sure seeing another Tbird is a rare occurrence there.

·
Registered
1991 Mercury Cougar LS 5.0 in restoration
784 Posts
There was a member from Germany(not sure) that did a manual transmission swap using another manufacturer transmission with some citation fab work. Think it's been a year since he posted.

Welcome, to the club. We're short on parts as well. Generally refurbishing parts we find at salvage yards or finding parts from other cars to fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
photo's comming soon
Some normal wear and some hack work of previous owners. No need to press brake to start.Ignition key can be removed in any position. Handy iff you forgot something and want to keep the car running.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking for the 97 T-bird or 95 XR7 on center bid with the cupholders in chocolate brown. Bud any colour will do now i know that its so rare. And the white plastic clip for shift indicator.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome all! It’s pretty cool to see there are some Thunderbird enthusiasts across the pond. I imagine parts are even harder to find over there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The color you describe is saddle and unfortunately that was a 96 only interior combo, no 97 cup holder console will be that dark shade of brown, you’ll need to repaint one to match
The lower part are more caramel in colour.
Is that a more common colour ?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Very clean! Only question I have is whats done to the rear bumper?

And Matt is correct. The 96s were the only year to get that interior color package. My 96 has the same package, but has cloth instead of leather. I ended up switching mine to black back in 2016. Still need to change the sun visors and carpet though.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
10,364 Posts
Those look like the ultrasonic sensors found on many newer vehicles that are used for proximity/collision avoidance systems. Or they're just reflective tape as some part of different safety regulations?

·
SuperNewbie
1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6 red
3,207 Posts
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
Hi Vincent, welcome from the UK!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts