TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much hate as there is for the Nissan GT-R out there, I figured this ACTUAL PAGE out of the GT-R owner's manual was freakin hilarious and you guys might get a laugh out of it.

It seems not even the Japanese approve of rice-tuning these days!!

It says "DON'T RICE OUT THE CAR, DOUCHEBAG"

C'mon, that's pretty funny that it's actually IN THE OWNER'S MANUAL

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Rice sucks, no argument there. But, would you still like the idea if the next Ford you bought said "Illegal to Modify" in the manual? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would just laugh if a Ford Owner's brochure said that.

IIRC though it *does* affect warranty coverage.

I can't wait until the first post shows up on the internet after some idiot blows up the engine after upping the boost to like 30psi and wants warranty coverage.
This guy I work with used to be a Mitsu service manager, and the sh*t Evolution owners would want covered was hilarious... he said some guy had gutted the car's entire interior except for the dashboard and installed a rollcage, and he took it in for a rattle in the dash he wanted fixed under warranty... roflcopter.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
no it wouldn't bother me, especially if its that amount of money and that kind of technology out there.

But if you are going to go with you are tinkering with your bird now, that is because its 13 years old and many of the parts on it were totally shot. Therefore, I build new car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check other manuals, same thing. Modified street cars in Japan is a big no-no. Remember Tokyo Drift was JUST a movie ;)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
it's not a big no-no but ricetuning is looked down on.

My girlfriend tells me that in Okinawa owning a Honda is like having an old Saturn here and is generally looked down on...

However, she did tell me that just like they do here, folks would go to industrial areas and drift, though it wasn't that popular in Okinawa like it was in mainland Japan. Or at least, that's what she observed, living in Country Heights outside of Naha.

But in general, ricetuning is looked down on by the vast majority of the conservative crowd.

Doesn't mean that it's not done.

edited for clarity.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
ahahahahahah illegal to modify. if ford did that i would tell ford fine piss of we only do it because the gov. wont let you make cars good anymore thanks to smog and ****....lets see in cali you cant even put on a nice set of headers because there too loud boo ****en hoo seriously its too loud who cares its not like i come home at 1 am everynight. in anycase i think the new skylines are pos's there just glorified nissans that they actually spent the time to try make decent.yet they still failed when they throw turbo's on when will they understand it lags and is pointless because they dont do jack unless your ripping through your top gears

·
Super Moderator
16,759 Posts
ahahahahahah illegal to modify. if ford did that i would tell ford fine piss of we only do it because the gov. wont let you make cars good anymore thanks to smog and ****....lets see in cali you cant even put on a nice set of headers because there too loud boo ****en hoo seriously its too loud who cares its not like i come home at 1 am everynight. in anycase i think the new skylines are pos's there just glorified nissans that they actually spent the time to try make decent.yet they still failed when they throw turbo's on when will they understand it lags and is pointless because they dont do jack unless your ripping through your top gears
huh????

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
basically in california it is illegal to modify most things you can do back east because are emission laws are the strictest in the usa be cali law technically you cant replace your cats unless they are burnt out

·
Super Moderator
16,759 Posts
basically in california it is illegal to modify most things you can do back east because are emission laws are the strictest in the usa be cali law technically you cant replace your cats unless they are burnt out
i know all about c.a.r.b. and all that crap, i was just wondering where you get the idea that the turbos in it lag, have you driven one to get that conclusion?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i know all about c.a.r.b. and all that crap, i was just wondering where you get the idea that the turbos in it lag, have you driven one to get that conclusion?
let's not go there; we already have another thread of flaming, this is just for laughs :)

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
well all turbos lag.... im not trying to piss everyone off here but its a turbo it spools up on exhaust pressure its going to lag if it aint attached to the crank its not getting instant power. 2nd off this is a ford site what do you expect most peoples opinions are going to be on a japanese car. frankly i think there trash but thats my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. i mean skylines are just over glorified nissans there nothing special all they are are v6's with a turbo slapped on them and a fancy name. they dont even put out that much yeah they have great handling but whats the point its not like your going to go out on the streets and go through a 90* turn going mach 3. for how much they plan on charging i think i'll buy a vette and run circles around that skyline

1 - 20 of 81 Posts