TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,this weekend I did. I was over at TSS with Jerry when the owner of this car came in and had it tuned(along with all of the other work Daniel and crew were doing on his '03 Cobra).

My Old Tbird is in the background-here's a shot from the side with the Tbird:

And one of me sitting in the car.

This car made 709rwhp/680 ft-lbs on a Mustang dyno. It's the fastest thing I've strapped myself into-ever. The powerband seems like it has no end,and it'll accelerate from 40mph-over 130mph so quick you have a hard time comprehending it. Larry offered to let me take it for a drive after the tuning was done.Needless to say-I didn't hesitate to accept the offer. He's also got a 2000 Cobra "R" and a the '03 Cobra. This one is probably the coolest one though..and by far the fastest. I'm still enjoying the adrenalin high from that ride . :headbang:
JL

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
that hood on your bird looks like one I've never seen before.... where did you get it? I'm jealous! of both your hood and experience driving that ford gt.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris_Murder said:
that hood on your bird looks like one I've never seen before.... where did you get it? I'm jealous! of both your hood and experience driving that ford gt.
It's a VFN hood.
Here's a shot from the front:

JL

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
bet the bird felt reaaall slooow after getting out of that gt

·
Registered
513 Posts
Had a chance to be shotgun in one as well. Stock but pretty fast.
My Mustang (check the sig), is the fastest thing I have ever driven.
That car makes me cry.

·
8,239 Posts
Amazing stuff Johnny. That car is one of the things that pushes me to work super hard at my business to get one someday.

Did they make that power with just a tune, or was there other mods done to it?

Does that thing have traction control or something to keep it in line, or is it the type of car where you just blow the tires off it at a 40mph roll?

Two acronym questions. Whats TSS, and whats VFN?

Mine needs a hood soon, i'm growing tired of the "powerbulge" due to the intake manifold.

·
8,239 Posts
cougar_guy04 said:
To answer the question "Ever driven a car that was 'OH MY GOD!' fast?"

I've owned a 2.8 V6 Cavalier and a 3.8 Mercury Cougar, so no. :D
I've driven 3 sort of impressive cars, but nothing like that Gt40.

My cousin had a 97 acura nsx-t. He had it sent to a company in cali caled comptech. They put a roots blower on it, and a bunch of other stuff. It made about 340 at the wheels. Neat car, but not close to that gt40.

He also had a 04 ferrari 360 modena, bone stock. That was probably the fastest car I have driven.

I also drove a cup lite race car for a couple laps (nothing over 70 or 80mph though, and not in traffic). Its like a nascar car, only 2/3 the size, and it has a snowmobile motor in it. Sounds like a weedwacker, but it seemed to be very very fast.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
jhonny, you say pics of your old bird...whats that mean...is that THE bird?
btw, sweet yellow headlight mod.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
JustinH said:
Amazing stuff Johnny. That car is one of the things that pushes me to work super hard at my business to get one someday.

Does that thing have traction control or something to keep it in line, or is it the type of car where you just blow the tires off it at a 40mph roll?

Mine needs a hood soon, i'm growing tired of the "powerbulge" due to the intake manifold.

Triangle SpeedShop=TSS. VFN makes that smooth cowl hood Tod worked for months on to get made for our cars a few years back.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Had a half hour drive alone in a 428 (what I was told, sure felt like it) powered Mustang with 4 spd. All I could say was wow, and HOLY SH*T when I downshifted to merge.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
heh heh heh...It looks like you almost need a bubble top like the "gt43", although the GT is already a 43" model.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
94V8Thunderbird said:
jhonny, you say pics of your old bird...whats that mean...is that THE bird?
btw, sweet yellow headlight mod.
Yeah,that's my car..it's old compared to the GT...I've got new headlights that'll go on when it gets painted.
JL

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JustinH said:

No traction control...you stab it at less than 45 mph or so,and it incinerates the t 315mm tires instantly. It's almost impossible to describe how damned fast that car is.....you can roll into WOT at around 50 mph,and in just a few seconds-you're well over 120 mph.
It's got a Whipple compressor in place of the OEM Eaton,and it's got Accufab throttle body and exhaust on it.
JL

1 - 20 of 72 Posts