TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut the car in two parts to get the engine out. The frame doesn't look like much... but it works.

Anyway...

·
Super Moderator
12,243 Posts
Nope, he lives "In the middle" lol.

You butcher. So, you gonna put a 5.0 in your car?

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You definatley do not live in the north
How do you know that? The flat ground?

Nope, he lives "In the middle" lol.

You butcher. So, you gonna put a 5.0 in your car?
Yep, "In the middle" :D

No, the 5.0 is going in the dark colored '79 F150 hooked to the trailer in one of the pics. The Sport was hit hard from the front corner and was totaled, so we stripped it and saved the parts for our other Birds. The 5.0 has only 79,000 miles on it, so it should keep my old '79 on the road for a while.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My guess is its a 53/54 do to the lack of the corner windows in the back of the cab? I got a 54 sittin in the shed right now, hehe, sleeper.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
That light blue hooded one is a Chevy.

That's the model that GM modeled the HHR after.
No joke, I like the new HHR's you can really customize them to look good, but being a like 6'3'' the ones with the moonroofs don't quite suite me.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The old Chevy belongs to a friend, and he says it's a '51. I have no idea about the older trucks though.

I actually live in Illinois, but the gray Sport that was wrecked spent it's life in Florida were my brother was in the Navy. The front shock in the picture is a junk autoride from the '90 SC, which is why it is rusty. The Sport was rust free and in great shape with only 79,000 miles... it's a shame it was totaled. :(

·
Registered
649 Posts
The old Chevy belongs to a friend, and he says it's a '51. I have no idea about the older trucks though.
I'd say he's right. The grill is right and it looks like it has vent windows. I believe the corner windows were part of the Deluxe package. If he plans to make a hot rod out of it tell him to use a late 80's or early 90's S10 regular cab long box chassis right away. Modern suspension and it will handle the torque better.

That '78 and '79 look to be in decent shape. You wouldn't by chance be interested in the race track trim for that '79 you are working on? I can provide about 90% of it for you :).

Back on topic (kind of) - Sorry to see your bird like that, but I am glad it can still live on in your F150. If you didn't already have the motor I would tell you to go right and swap the 460 in there :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts