TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this up a few days ago. It'll be my 3rd one. My 95 and 96 were sold to family members, and both totaled out. I was away for several years, convinced the wife to let me back in the game.

97 LE / 4.6 / 100% bone stock, including the plastic crossover intake. ;)
98xxx / 1 Owner / No accidents

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Nice car, and welcome back!

From the turn over in cars, I think you would have been better served by a username that didn't include a specific car and year :)

When I joined I had an 89 Cougar, then added a 97 Cougar, then replaced it with a 97 Mark VIII.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice car, and welcome back!

From the turn over in cars, I think you would have been better served by a username that didn't include a specific car and year :)

When I joined I had an 89 Cougar, then added a 97 Cougar, then replaced it with a 97 Mark VIII.
I know....:bangwall:

X2! :D

Looks like you have a Sport LE, check that door jam sticker! ;)

Joe
Code = JJEE, assuming based on research, the first 2 J's are what matter?

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Not sure how hard you drive it, but I would get that all plastic intake off sooner than later, later being when it cracks and your 100 miles from home and it is 100 degrees.

Obviously I suggest a PI swap, but even a Dorman nPI intake is better than the all plastic intake.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I know....:bangwall:

Code = JJEE, assuming based on research, the first 2 J's are what matter?
That just means the two front springs are the JJ (stiffest) and the two rears are EE springs (not quite as stiff).
Left/Front, Right/Front, Left/Rear, Right/Rear.

The Sport I just parted out had the same JJEE springs on it.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure how hard you drive it, but I would get that all plastic intake off sooner than later, later being when it cracks and your 100 miles from home and it is 100 degrees.

Obviously I suggest a PI swap, but even a Dorman nPI intake is better than the all plastic intake.
Roger that. Luckily my daily commute is 5 mi one way, and I live in WA (near Seattle.) Never gets hot enough, but the advice is well taken.

That just means the two front springs are the JJ (stiffest) and the two rears are EE springs (not quite as stiff).
Left/Front, Right/Front, Left/Rear, Right/Rear.

The Sport I just parted out had the same JJEE springs on it.
Ok, gotcha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts