TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my exhaust set up at the moment, dual 2" to a single 2.5" back to a dual 2" no cats and universal high flow mufflers.

The question is with this set up can I use the headers I just got? (Mac shorty headers for a 3.8 sc)
I am wondering cause I might be getting a 94 5spd for cheap, if I do then obviously my focus will shift from building my 89 to the 94 and I would be selling the 89 once the 94 is done. However I have an exhaust leak due to a broken manifold bolt. Can I use the headers with my current exhaust?
I don't expect to see huge gains from putting in the headers but it will be an improvement.
I did search but the forums don't like my phone and I got nothing.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
You could just get the bolt fixed for now and decide later. Are you talking bolt to the head, or the stud where the pipes bolt up? I got a broken stud fixed this past weekend for like $20.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's the upper bolt passenger side where it bolts the manifold to the down tube, the only one you can't just drill and put a nut behind it. And it's broke off flush in the manifold.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I would take it to a shop and have them look at it. Maybe they can drill it out and put a new stud in. I had my passenger downpipe break just below the flare at the header this past weekend. They fixed that, a broken stud (upper/drivers), put 2 new hangars for the mufflers, AND bent the pipe straight in the back where it had dragged. All of that for $60. So it might be an easy/cheap fix and you won't have all that work to do twice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts