TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would true dual 2.25" flow enough to handle 325-350RWHP? Or will I need to go with 2.5"? I want to do my exhaust once. The plan is high flow cats, Magnaflow midmount and no mufflers in the rear.

Thanks
-Melon

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
boosted or NA? if your going na 2 1/4" would be sufficient if your going to supercharge i would go with the 2 1/2"

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be boosted. I've got a Vortech in the semi-near future :D

Thanks
-Melon

·
Registered
892 Posts
Would true dual 2.25" flow enough to handle 325-350RWHP? Or will I need to go with 2.5"? I want to do my exhaust once. The plan is high flow cats, Magnaflow midmount and no mufflers in the rear.

Thanks
-Melon

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I scored a deal I couldn't pass up :D

And hey - what are you doing in 2 weeks - there's some of us getting together in Minneapolis area for CarCraft Nationals and a BBQ on Saturday. Check out www.midwestthundercats.com for details.

-Melon

·
Registered
874 Posts
2.5 would be my bet why do the exhaust twice? 2.25 is plenty enough to flow a stock motor with some bolt ons but if you going with forced induction I'd be going with 2.5

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which is why I asked - I haven't done exhaust yet and only want to make 1 trip to the exhaust. This way I can do it right the first time :D

-Melon

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
try to get a mandrel bent system if going 2.5... then you'll be fine

if you aren't hackin the cats, look into some magnaflow/carsound high flows to keep it legal and not pollute anymore than we have to. JL posted some really small packaged ones he found for a decent price a while ago

·
Registered
974 Posts
What about running like a big single exhaust since your going blower. Maybe a single 3.5 or 4?

·
6,253 Posts
Which model # is for our MN12's?

I got a '91 Cougar

Trying to figure which parts to get, and sales rep knows nothing
model for the kitties or the muffler?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Both.

I know the DI/DO should be 18". not sure model # of product that has the X built inside

Magnaflow has 6-7 different models of cat's....trying to figure out which ones as well

as always, any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
6,253 Posts
11385 is 2.25 11386 is 2.5
14385 is 2.25 11386 is 2.6

11s are aluminized steel, 14s are stainless steel

all of tru-x core

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Melon is this for the new White car?

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you look at the original post date, it's for my 96 :p The white car has 2.25" true dual so I'm hoping I can get away with it if I do get a Vortech.

-Melon

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Ahh I see. You wouldn't get questions like this if you didn't collect cars like Jay Leno ya know. ;)

Just give me one of them and you won't have to worry bout it anymore :D

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I tried to sell you the black car, but you wouldn't take it haha

And I guess you could say I'm weeding the collection heh Sounds like I may have it sold next week :D

-Melon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts