TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing on spending $400 on an exhaust upgrade.. with out headers...just cats, resonater TRUE duels and mufflars... The $400 incluse all labor and welding. is this posible..also what type of mufflars and cats and how big should the pipping be...I want alluminized or stainless stell.. I heard flowmasters rust out to quickly.. I want to be noticed but don't want to have a head- ake going 70 or 75 mph. Please help.. Any sugjestions are welcomed

·
Registered
159 Posts
I don't think your going to get true duals for $400.00. The only true dual sets I've seen are www.speedfreak.cc/products for $700.00+200.00cats+200.00 Stainless steel and www.yodudeperformance.com/home.asp for $780.00 complete w/ cats and x-pipe. I paided $320.00 for a catback set-up single with 2.5' pipes and dynomac mufflers. If you can get duals for 400 go for it.
I think my mufflers are little to quiet, I've heard the flowmasters and they sound good. Get 2.5' size pipe and high flow cats. Alumized is cheaper then stainless steel but will not last as long.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
There are many shops that will do true duals for under $400. Just check around. If they give you a hard time, cut your exhaust off after the 2 front cats, take your tags off and trailer the car to them, and they can do whatever you want. Had a shop tell me that that is a loophole in the smog rules that they can get around if you tell them the car is not going to be used on the street, they can cut the 3rd cat off and not get in trouble, then when you put the tags back on it, It's not their fault, they were lied to.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
For that price you wont find a pre built kit. You are gonna just have to go to local shops and ask around. Everyone finds different prices. probably a ranger of $200-1000 quotes from the local tryp exhaust shops.

-Shawn

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Just my true duals was about $200, once i redid the mufflers ect, it was about $450 total. But any decent shop should be able to do up the duals for $200-$300. The A.R.T. system is very nice, but not many of us want to drop that much on exhaust, I'd rather drop $200 every 4 or 5 years if even.

You should have searched the forum for true duals. There have been an ABSOLUTE TON of discussions on exhaust. I think i'm reply to a thread on duals every week.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I Have true duels, is there any way posible that it can still be streat legal???

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Dunno, depends on whether or not the front 2 cats are enough to pass emissions. If so, yes, if they aren't, then you would have to add cats to each side again. And that would kind of defete the purpose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts