TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well for xmas i could either order parts for my bird or the 53 . seeing as right now the lx is my daily , i ordered the parts left to do the brakes and an exhaust kit from mandrel exhaust systems to put duals on the car . my question is how far off is it going to throw the 'putor off for now if i run true duals with the cats in place and probably no mufflers ? right after the silly season the cash we'll be a little restricted or i'd order up a 4 bank chip from blue oval chips with the parameters i need , but i'm just going to have to drive it for a bit for now .......... unless it's going to cause a major issue . if i got any change left i'm gonna order up a set of them used pi cams from nick ............. then ....... d-m- i seem to spend so much cash on these mechanical contraptions of mine ....................

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
well for xmas i could either order parts for my bird or the 53 . seeing as right now the lx is my daily , i ordered the parts left to do the brakes and an exhaust kit from mandrel exhaust systems to put duals on the car . my question is how far off is it going to throw the 'putor off for now if i run true duals with the cats in place and probably no mufflers ? right after the silly season the cash we'll be a little restricted or i'd order up a 4 bank chip from blue oval chips with the parameters i need , but i'm just going to have to drive it for a bit for now .......... unless it's going to cause a major issue . if i got any change left i'm gonna order up a set of them used pi cams from nick ............. then ....... d-m- i seem to spend so much cash on these mechanical contraptions of mine ....................
The computer uses inputs from the two front mounted O2 sensors in the exhaust manifolds before the cats. As long as you leave your original exhaust headers with the original cats (the two on the headers), you should be fine. There are two more O2 sensors downstream (after the cats), but they are only there to monitor the efficiency of the cats. The upstream (front two) O2 sensors control the fuel/air mixture through the computer.

That upgrade mod is the next one I'm doing to my bird. Cut that third cat off, replace with a dual input/dual output x-type muffler and run dual exhaust out the back. I hope yours goes well!

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
You wont need any tune for free-flowing exhaust.
-Rob

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys , wasn't sure as i really dont fiddle much with this stuff . it makes it so much easier when you have people that know ! it should go easy NetKeym . not very good with the new fangled mig or tig welders , dont even own one , but i have a friend who has an exhaust shop ............ and ya know how that story goes , i do the grunt he'll weld 'em up !!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts