TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off stock cats into 2.5'' X-pipe. Then 2.25'' True Duals all the way back into Flowmaster 40's. :headbang:

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
nah..not a bad thing :)

you have any pics from above the car? I wanna see if those mufflers are sitting as low as i think they are.

looks good tho :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol ill go take a pic real quick... gimme a few... but from the Tips to the bottom of the bumper i would say there is a 2-3'' gap there. Its not low to where its gonna drag if i hit a bump or something. Its as far as the muff man could get it with the given space. brb with more pics hehehe.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
BGsTBird
how did u cut ur bumper...that seems like a very good job and also looks awsome

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nah ive been used to it that low. when i had no muffs w/ just straights they were kinda that low also. If i get different tips welded in later on I might have the raise the muffs a lil bit. But in the mean time it does the job. It sounds great though. Not a lot of resonance cept between 1600-1900'ish. But its not bad. Nice growl to it. Something similiar to a mustang with flows or something. I'll try and get some sound clips on here for you guys.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My Tips are low like that, but i relocated my cats any my flowmaster 40 muffler. Its now located where the resonator used to be and the cats are next to the transmission pan.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
is it loud? right now my friends bird has kooks and 2.5 duals with an x pipe and no muffler, hes still deciding on them, i drove it no mufflers its friging mean, at 2500 rpms on up the whole car shakes b/c of the noise

·
Registered
974 Posts
Looks sweet man!!! Any reason for not going to 2.5 inch? Probably won't make a difference unless you plan on pushing some big hp tho. How's the drone with the 40 flows?

·
TCCoA Preferred Vendor
124 Posts
looks good, i find that system are getting better over the years. the exhaust shops are just getting better and better, the only down side is they are not all mandrel bent.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
blk mk8 said:
looks good, i find that system are getting better over the years. the exhaust shops are just getting better and better, the only down side is they are not all mandrel bent.
No doubt in part to all the good pics of your mandrel bent system floating around this forum. When I look at those shots the other thing that comes to mind is that they are all one big piece. Having replaced a diff and a trans in the last 2 months I truely apreciate the multiple sections of my ART exhaust.
Nice work guys

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea mine was all mandrel bent. My reason for not going 2.5'' was so I wouldn't lose torque. From another post on here I asked what would be good for pipe diameter for duals and not lose torque... most recommended 2.25'' - 2.5''. The guy who did my exhaust went 2.25'' cause he thought he couldn't get 2.5'' to fit. It was a tight fit though for the route he went on it. So close that he welded the two pipes together at certain points so they wouldnt vibrate together and rattle. I definetly feel a diff in power. Seems like its easier to burn off my tires than before hah. No, its not to loud. It doesn't resonate like a stock setup with no 3rd cat or muffs.... meaning its a lil quieter... but its a diff tone to it. I mainly did it for lower resonance and a lil more power. I got both hehe. When u rev it up though it sounds great. From what others posted u still have resonance around 1700'ish RPM. No matter what muff u got... magnaflows might resonate as much as Flowmasters... i got flow 40's on... its not bad at all really. I was gonna ask you all how much your dual setups cost?... Mine cost me $80.00.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts