TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to pull the exhaust from the manifolds in order to get some clearance to install new tranny mounts. Before I do this I'm curious. What are the odds that I'll need new gaskets for the manifold/exhaust pipe joint, and/or new bolts for the same place? Is it easy to remove and install?

Don't want to get halfway through and find out I need new parts or tools!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
There is a 100% chance that you will NOT need new exhaust donuts. Donuts are for GM's.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL thanks. Is there any kind of gasket, or something sealing the joint that I need to worry about?

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Yeah what they said! But be carefull not to break any of the studs, especislly the little one! It can turn into a nightmare!!!

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Well I have never seen a gasket for them before.

But I am sure you could slap some Exhaust/Muffler Cement in there and that should take care of any leaks!

I have personally never did it on my Bird, but have done it on several other vehicles with good out comes....

·
Registered
106 Posts
BE SUPER SUPER CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE STUDS.. makes for one hell of a job to fix

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
well, before you put it all back together, put some muffler cement on the ball flange, because your prolly not gonna be able to tighten as tight as it was (because of old bolts and whatnot) so its just extra security.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL I've thought of a better way to get the tranny clear. I'm going to have "joints" put in the exhaust just after the Cats. Then I can loosen them and slip the exhaust off easily whenever I need to. :D

Thanks for the tips though. Come in handy if I ever get rid of the cats.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts