TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for a (EGR Pipe) Exhaust Gas Recirculation Tube Pipe for a 1996 T-Bird i can't seem to find anywhere are they the same for any other Ford or where can i find this part ?

·
̇
3,701 Posts
This really should be in the Wanted section..

Anyways..To answer your question..

The EGR tube used on the 96-97 Thunderbird/Cougar 3.8L is exclusive to these 2 years..

The previous years used a different tube..There is no other car I'm aware of that uses this unique tube..

I'm afraid this tube has been obsolete for a longggg time, and there's no NOS available.. :(

Your only hope is to find a nice used one..Unfortunately this is the kind of item that frequently breaks, or cracks with time..

So your chances of finding a nice used one are kind of slim..

If you have both ends of your old one..Find someone who can weld, and perhaps they can make you one.. :zdunno:

Rayo..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This really should be in the Wanted section..

Anyways..To answer your question..

The EGR tube used on the 96-97 Thunderbird/Cougar 3.8L is exclusive to these 2 years..

The previous years used a different tube..There is no other car I'm aware of that uses this unique tube..

I'm afraid this tube has been obsolete for a longggg time, and there's no NOS available.. :(

Your only hope is to find a nice used one..Unfortunately this is the kind of item that frequently breaks, or cracks with time..

So your chances of finding a nice used one are kind of slim..

If you have both ends of your old one..Find someone who can weld, and perhaps they can make you one.. :zdunno:

Rayo..

Thanks for reply... So not even the 1996 Ford Mustang 3.8l Pipe will work? Bummer guess will have to find someone who weld then..

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I just cut one of these off to delete the EGR on my build. :eek:

I didn't want to fight the rusty nut off. I have the tube, cut flush with the nut at the manifold if somehow that will help you. If I remember correctly, the 94-95 tube has one vac (?) line coming off of it, where the later ones have 2. I put 97 manifolds in my 94 and just plugged the 2nd one off.

·
̇
3,701 Posts
Will using a high temp green hose work?
:zdunno:

I'm sure someone else has ran into this issue..Either try doing a search of the forum, or wait for someone else to chime in with a solution..

Rayo..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts