TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get a cat-back system for my wife's N/A 3.8L. I know there are different options to go with, but I have problem no matter what....There is no place to put a hangar on the passenger side of the vehicle. I know since it did not come with 2 mufflers that is a duh, but I want to put a second muffler on now and since there is no hangar attach point what do I do??? Does anybody know what the bracket is called? Can I order it? Would I have to pull it off a wrecked V8 bird? Or heck could a Muffler shop make something? I appreciate any help you guys can give.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
The muffler shop can weld a hanger straight to the car; they do it all the time.

·
Administrator
8,220 Posts
You can get them from the dealer, ridiculously expensive though. :(

Check the local junk yards for a V8 car, or PM racecougar here. He has all kinds of good stuff! :D

Joe

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I you welded a hanger straight from the exhaust to the car with rubber or anything wouldn't it cause alot of vibrations and rattles?
:confused: I was talking about those universal ones that are actually a strip of rubber in the middle. The rubber will absorb vibrations and allow the exhaust to move around.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i got mine for free for my 3.8 I got a complete exhaust from a super coupe for 20 bucks, then got them for free. If you find one, just look under where the one on the drivers side hooks in, then check your passenger side, and you'll see where it bolts up. As for the rubber piece, it can be got at any advance or part store, it will look different, but it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts