TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its that time to do the exhaust on my new toy...a 96 sport. Being that im working on a students budget i dont want to get too crazy but i am looking for some nice sound and maybe some gains if im lucky...Ebay sells flows for about 40 a piece..what will that do for me if i swap out the stocks? Also i came across a bolt on catback from dynomax on jegs http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1272&prmenbr=361
What is the better choice or are they both not the right way to go? Furthermore i yanked the air silencer and im at a standstill as far as intake options are concerned? Should i rock the panel k&n filter in my stock airbox or should i opt for that civic intake i see floating around the forums?
Thanx to all
Craig

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Civic tube won't work on a '96, just keep your stock tube until you are ready to upgrade your MAF, and then buy a new Mustang GT tube to mate up with the MAF.

I think catbacks like the flowmaster and dynomax are more for sound than anything else, since the factory converters are such a restriction anyways. If I was to choose between the 2, I would get the Dynomax though. I got my true duals done for $130, but I provided the mufflers, so you may want to contact a local exhaust shop about doing the same for you.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello
I would definatly recommend a conical air filter i got 2-3 mpg better just for putting it on versus a stock box with a k&N panel filter. As far as exhaust i am perfectly happy with my flowmastercatback got about 20 better to a tnk with it versus stock exhaust but its really just preference i guess.

Will

1 - 3 of 3 Posts