Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
What a joke.....

Shipping is "free" though,lol.
Chris

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
LOL, he claims all cars have a air/fuel ratio of 16.7 stock ...That would mean everyone is drving a detonating engine. 16.7 is very lean. Most companies tune to the rich side. Much safer for the engine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought one a while ago.....

I got suckered, what a piece of sh*t and my check engine light came on . I didn't trust the thing so I had it in there for like 2 hours....its a resistor available at radio shack for a wooping .50 cents or something...I was pissed....what a scam, I can't beleive he can get away with it..

·
Registered
157 Posts
no problem.

At least it was only like 10 bux or so. But he had lots of them..that must have been almost $1000 bux...and he prob spent like 10 on all of them if that!

It came in an envelope with no return address of course, was in girls handwritting though. And the directions were to put the resistor between the connetion prongs on the air sensor, the one by the maf. yeah what a joke...

I wish I could find that m*therF*cker and beat the sh*t out of him!!!

I am just pissed he's ripping more ppl. off AGAIN!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i love how the auctions are private, so no one cam warn the bidders what a scam it is. i remember a little while back someone was trying to sell a 93 tbird (that obviously was either not a 93 or was in an accident due to the wheels on it and the front clip). he also called it a sc. he said since there was a new exhaust on it, it was supercharged..... what a moron. i dont think ill ever buy much from ebay, unless i know exactly what im getting into. i dont want to spend 1000 on a car and get a matchbox car or something. -greg

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've bought a few things off of eBay and haven't been burnt yet. (Knock knock my head)

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably/positively is. A seller has to have feedback and that feedback has to be good. If the item is so great, where is the picture and where is his/her website with contact info and address?

When in doubt, go see your woman/man, do something nice, and then maybe get some relief from the stress of thinking about it.

;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
soop said:
...If something sounds too good to be true, it probably/positively is....

;)
That is all you need to live by, if you buy things on ebay...I personally buy stuff off of there all the time and have had no problems (knock on wood!!!)....all I can suggest is research what you are looking for and don't always buy the cheapest thing.

·
Registered
157 Posts
He admits it!!!

I sent that seller an e-mail saying: " No wonder you don't have a picture, its a freaking resistor worth like .50 cents"....this is what he wrote back:

"Regrettably you are right. I took a job working for a scam artist. I knew nothing about cars and the way he explained it seemed it seemed good. I only became aware of his lies after the auctions were listed and I want nothing more than to have no involvement with him whatsoever"

His seller name is:
Laidback24NS well come to think of it, thats his Aol screen name..

Thats funny..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts