TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I think i'm going to put in some 3'' piping in where my y-pipe of my exhaust is (from 3rd cat to rear where it splits). I have flows in the rear right now. Would i get a better sound from doing this as well as better flow? My stock cats would still be there unfortunatley. I think from where it splits in the rear is just 2.25'' piping still. I'm looking for a better sound, but im limited to what i can do since no exhaust shop in Indiana will take off my 3rd cat :mad: .

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
You could do it, but there wouldnt be much point. The 90* bends going into the third cat reduce the pipe size to 1.8" diameter... that would be the biggest restriction.

You could always remove the exhaust and drive in with open headers... then im sure they'd love to sell you an exhaust...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey... one other thing. Are our front two cats bolted on or welded? I know the 3rd is... but didn't know about front two. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There's 2 11mm(I think) bolts holding that piece of the pipe up, by the manifolds. There's O2 Sensors before and after both of the cats, and then the pipe just goes back. If you cut them off, you're gonna have to torch/sawzall it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts