TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at flowmaster catback systems and was wondering wheat the sound was like with the 3.8 engine. At summitracing there is a second rear piece you must buy to use the catback. I know you could use a custom y pipe instead buy i was wondering how good the exhaust sounds with both pieces. i was looking for something like the v8 flowmaster sound.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
What about drone? Performance - Was there a gain in performance? I'm thinking about a Flowmaster catback for my 'Bird but I too would like to know a few things about it.

- Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
299 Posts
I put it on my 92 5.0 combined with a resonator and 3rd cat delete and it sounds great. There is not much of a drone at highway speeds, and the growl stomping on it from a standstill is awesome. I have heard them on a 3.8 and honestly they sound like a sissy. Really quiet and kinda raspy. But keep in mind this is only my opinion and there are prolly some who would disagree. I would save a few bucks and get the dynomax kit. What part number are you looking at for the Flow kit? Mine came with a short length of pipe that replaced the resonator.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts