TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
leet sauce
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into my options to see what is the most beneficial
Currently my setup is :
Stock manifolds -> stock cats -> gutted 3rd cat -> stock piping to the back with chrome tips

I'd like my setup to sound a bit deeper.

Options I am looking into :

1. Manifolds -> 2inch pipes -> Magnaflow round highflow cats -> Di/Do Magnaflow or Flowmaster muffler -> 2inch pipes back into chrome tips
pros: Cats have 200,000km on them might need to be replaced soon anyways, better sound, engine breathes better, less restrictive. great sounding exhaust
cons: Expensive
Rough price estimate: ~850$
Sound quality: great?

2. BuyDirectfit Magnaflow system (Magnaflow Part# 23343 Catalytic Converter-Direct Fit http://www.performancepeddler.com ) and replace 3rd cat with a Flowmaster or Magnaflow muffler
pros: cheaper then option 1 (can use current rear pipes, less labor for exhaust shop), engine breathes better, wont have to worry about cats dying soon
cons: not sure if price difference will be worth the sound difference.
Rough price estimate: ~500$
Sound quality: good?

3. Leave my current setup and put in a muffler instad of a 3rd cat
pros: cheap
cons: not sure how it will sound, how long untill front cats go and I will need to dump more $ into exhaust
Rough price estimate: ~200$
Sound quality: decent?

What option do you guys would be best while putting into consideration:
*200,000km engine and cats might need to be replaced in a near future anyways(cats just dying or possibly failing emission testing)
*price (current and in a long run IF cats will need to be replaced)
*sound difference (looking for deep powerful sound)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
#1 only with 2.25" pipes IMO. I BELIEVE that 2.25 flanges should bolt up to the stock manifolds. Don't hold me to that statement though, but I thought I read it somewhere. :confused:

·
Registered
664 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Everything minus the downtubes is brand new in box. ;)

Exhuast replies can be funny at times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts