TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to do my exhaust in a very short time, and have some questions. I already know the pros and cons of flowmasters, but I really personally like the sound of the 40 series flows. Since I know I want to get the flows in the back, My question is what is the best route to go to get there? Would replacing the stock cats with high flow cats give me much of a difference? And what should I do with the third cat, an x pipe? My other question is what size piping should I look at? I was thinking of 2 1/2, if anyone could give me pros and cons on that size, and other alternatives I would appreciate it.

PS- stock heads and manifold here, not going to upgrade for a long while, please take that into consideration when giving your views. Thanks.

David-

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
for your application, dual 2.25" pipe would be PLENTY big. you would probably lose torque with 2.5". replacing the stock 3 cats will free up the flow a lot, since the two main cats cause the greatest restriction of the whole system. You could run high flow cats, x pipe, and the 40's in the rear...that would probably sound really good :)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about the highflow cats, what kind should I look at? and what size in/out should I get? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
i recommend Carsound/Magnaflow cats..not catco. they can be found on ebay..make sure you get the round short body ones..much better fit. just use 2.25".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts