TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pictures of the exhaust I had done at a local shop. It is 2.5 inch pipe with the x-cross over and flowmaster 40's. It is compression bent. The cost was $345...total was $370 with tax.

The car from the rear.

looking from behind the x forward, notice the trans pan is not the deep sump, this was before the j-mod was completed and the deep sump pan installed.

looking from the x toward the rear of the car

This is a shot of where the pipes run near the back, looking toward the back, so they are up out of the way, at least somewhat. Heat shields were left in place. This is not the lowest point of my exhaust anyway, that comes imediately after the left cat but may be different on a SOHC motor.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Looks pretty good, but why is it compression bent? With that engine you've got in there (lucky SOB :p ), I would have gone with mandrel bends even if I had to order a bunch of bends from Jegs or something.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Compression bent for money sake. I already spent a lot, I had to do what I could afford. Someday down the road when {dream sequence begins} I get the cowl hood to clear the supercharger and have some long tubes made i will replace this exhaust with mandrel bent stainless pipes. When this dream occurs I guess I can use this set up as a template.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Well, we can dream can't we? I dream of the day I have a twin turbo 02 Cobra backed by a built 4r70w in my car :D. But we both know that ain't gonna happen because even if I had the money, how on earth would I plumb the turbos, mount an intercooler, or try to devise a functional engine control computer for it?:(

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My dream really is a plan but it is not a plan that will be acted on until after I am out of school. The engine deal just kind of fell in my lap, found a cheap motor and got a good paying job pretty much all at once and I ran with it.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Yeah. Lucky you . :p ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts