TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna see about removing my Cats(getting them gutted) and using Flowmaster super 44s on the stock pipe, and then getting probably 3 1/2" Black Chrome tips.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well crap, I have to have cats in texas, and I've seen that it's a little louder without the cats. So, just the super 44 mufflers?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
You're lucky you're not in California because you can get any type of CAT you want. Here in California, we're restricted to what we can get. Magnaflows are the only option for hi-flows that are still legal...

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That REALLY sucks. but, I also live in the sticks. I can get away with a little bit. What type of cats should I get to pair with the super 44s?
And/or piping.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
There are different routes you can take with aftermarket CATS if you search. However, I recently replaced mine with the Magnaflow y-cat setup, very pricey, but I scored a good deal. Here is what I stole off of ebay >> y-cat

I already mentioned on a different post here that I didn't choose to replace my cats using this expensive route, but I had to. My cats were diagnosed via different methods to be bad.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, let's just stick with the super 44s, I don't crap gold nuggets xD

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I have the super 44s I like them, they have a nice rumble but not too loud.. I really want to try some magnapacks.. 2.5 inch full exhaust x-pipe and high flow cats. Not sure of the brand on the cats. I used to run no mufflers it was crazy loud and great for around town just cruising but on long trips you want to shoot yourself.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just want something with a loud, low rumble.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
423 Posts

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm watching those. I'll look up what they sound like today.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone else have any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
Leave the cats and resonator in - start with straight pipes where the rear mufflers should be, clamped on.

Move to a set of glass packs (the Thrush on the Dakota sounds pretty good on the V6 in it, and with the tail pipe, is fairly quiet - tailpipe is about 3' of 2" pipe, so it'd be a lot louder on a MN12).

Keep shifting up until you get what you want.

Also, if it still has it, remove the air silencer up front.

RwP

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The air silencer that frees Tibet? XD
Ron's post, that was funny stuff.
The thrush glasspack mufflers are cool. Are you the one with that bird with those on it, that has a YouTube video about it?

·
Super Moderator
5,022 Posts
Nope, my Cougar is still factory exhaust (for a while longer, anyway.)

That Thrush is on the Dakota pickup.

RwP

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, ok. Basically this is only a plan, but I'm supposed to drive it around today. So, I'll post a video of it running xD hopefully I can hurt and get that exhaust system done, but I doubt it will be anytime soon, due to the fact that I'm broke as crap.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are different routes you can take with aftermarket CATS if you search. However, I recently replaced mine with the Magnaflow y-cat setup, very pricey, but I scored a good deal. Here is what I stole off of ebay >> y-cat

I already mentioned on a different post here that I didn't choose to replace my cats using this expensive route, but I had to. My cats were diagnosed via different methods to be bad.
I actually like this way pretty well, the only problem is the money part of it.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts

What size pipes are those? They look a lot less restrictive. The more I think about it I might run that cat assembly, and the dynomax catback, pricey yes, but it should flow really good.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts