TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so my 2004 V6 Mustang has 2003 Mustang GT dual exhaust ran through straight (true dual) pipes...I used to have high flow cats, but they where busted & rattling like crazy. I got rid of the cats and just welded pipe in place as a temporary solution. The rattle was non-existant for probably a month and now it's back!! NO cats! Exhaust rattle! All fasteners/bolts are tight and nothing is rubbing anything! What could it be? The rattle only really occurs from 1700-2100 RPM and is especially HORRIBLE sounding at 2000 RPM (louder rattle) The rattle seems to be worst when I let off the gas, say, to shift, or just to slow down...any ideas?

Earl

·
Registered
608 Posts
make sure the pipes arent touching anything, and if you can have someone rev it up to 2k or so and see if there is any movement that causes contact.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Non-stock parts + no cats = NO warrenty coverage....plus my warrenty expires in a week. (milage) That and I don't trust dealerships and I think warrentee's are largely a joke...my pass side fenderwell splash shield decided to self destruct and screw up my fender...dealer said it was my fault :rolleyes: the one time I really needed it, they didn't come through for me.

·
Registered
608 Posts
ah, well that explains it then :)

i had rattling coming from underneath my car at around 50mph about a year ago, i was worried my driveshaft was warped or a joint was going. turns out i had snagged somethign and bend some kind of brace/support thing right underneath where the d/s hump is in the backseat. about 20 minutes and a pair of vicegrips fixed it right up :gapteeth: redneck style :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts