TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know that the pipe from the resonator to the differential is 2.25, the tail pipes after the y by the differential are 2",but sre these measurements for the Outer Diameter or Inner Diameter of the pipes? Thanks in advance.

Jay

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm working on, as I agree. Just wanted to see what the dimensions were. My father in law has access to a welderand tube bender sometimes, and I may try to design something. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Best exhaust is either a single 3" then a split or duals. Most do duals because of the sound.

Remove the 3rd cat and resonator if you can, that will help.

Grab whatever mufflers you want, some like flowmaster, some don't. Too much resonance in the flos for me. Alot of us are big Dynomax fans, they are quiet under cruising, but loud under throttle, and no resonace around 1800-2000.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. I think I will at least remove the resonator and 3rd cat for now, and see what that does, then go from there. I will most likely go with the duals, and some dynomax muffs at the end, or just run straight pipe, as my county does not require the emissions test:D

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Magnaflows also have very little resonance, but sound nice, a little more expensive than Flowmaster or Dynomax though.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
Magnaflows also have very little resonance, but sound nice, a little more expensive than Flowmaster or Dynomax though.
Yeah, those are very good as well... forgot to mention those ;)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I first had a Dynomax Catback system on BLCKBRD........waaaaayyyy
to quiet, barely different than oem, slightly deeper at idle.....maybe.

My current 2.5" system with high flow cats, X-pipe, and Magnaflows
sounds deeper than I would have expected.....great tone.....and
definitely louder than the Dynomax system, without getting into a
Flowmaster or straight pipe decibel range.....

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Borlas are also a good performing, quiet (but not too quiet) muffler.

If you go with 2.25" duals and/or 3" single, you won't lose much if any low end when otherwise stock, and open it up enough to run low 14s without trouble (it won't hold you back).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts