TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my '94 4.6 LX to sound good (who doesn't?). I am 17 and don't care about the interior noise level or getting the best performance gain out of my car. Less restriction and a better sound in the system are my only goals right now.

I want to remove the mufflers and just have resonators. Can someone please tell me if this idea is either just plain stupid or feasible considering the criterion is just laid out:

First, I want to remove the third cat in front of the resonator. I am not going to mess with headers right now. Then I want to take off the mufflers. The question is this: Do I keep the OE resonator and just put on another one, or do I take it off as well and put two more (higher performance) ones on somewhere along the line (like where the two mufflers were at)?

If this idea is stupid in your opinion, can you please suggest something else that might be similar? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
search around, this has been covered plenty of times.... in short its not a dumb idea, but there are better setups to make a better sound. if cheap is what your going for, nothing cheaper than to cut stuff off to get more sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts