TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my set up is currently this; high flow cats, 2.5" pipes, dynomax race bullets, and 3.5" tips. there is a clip of it in the sticky. anyway, i want to tone it down and am considering switching to a dido magnaflow with a built in x pipe (dont have a crossover on the car right now) and was also thinking of just putting a resonator on. which do you think will be better and why?

·
Registered
799 Posts
i would say the dido muffler because of the tone.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 vote for magnaflow

on a side note does anyone have a clip of said muffler? most of the links in the sticky dont work anymore.:(

·
Registered
176 Posts
If U check u tube you can probably find a clip of the magnaflow muffler.

Also you could prob go with either the dynomax or magnaflow muffler and if u didn't think it toned it down enough u could put the bullets back on with the DIDO .

If my memory is correct I think that the Bullets can also be used as resonators

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i heard a few on there but its so hard to tell sometimes with the way the sound was taken.

i think at this point i'll just go ahead and swap to the magnaflow or dynomax. i need to quite the car down and add a crossover (and get rid of the raspy trumpeting) so i guess i cant go wrong.

anyone have input on either of those two? i mean as far as construction of the muffler.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'd keep the mufflers you have and add the magnaflow resonator. I have 2 high-flow cats and one 2.5" DI/DO magnaflow resonator on my car and it is pretty loud. FYI, I got my magnaflow resonator from supercoupeperformance last summer. They seem to have a good price on them from what I saw online.

-Rob

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how loud we talking? i mean i want to keep it sounding mean but the bullets on there now are just too damn loud. they're like slp's and i just cant stand them anymore.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
how loud we talking? i mean i want to keep it sounding mean but the bullets on there now are just too damn loud. they're like slp's and i just cant stand them anymore.
My car now is considerably louder than my old mustang with SLPs, although, the mustang still had all 6 factory cats on it. I actually really liked the way it sounded like that. I don't really have a good way of capturing a sound bite right now, and my car is being dismantled right now for body work.

-Rob

·
Premium Member
2,546 Posts
i like my borlas. they aren't too loud unless you're beating on it. there are clips in the straight pipe thread i believe. They are on YouTube.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts