TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was curious if anyone has purchased or know anyone that has gotten one of the 2 exhaust systems on the supercoupe performance site?? If anyone has i was curious on how it sounds and if it has any highway drone. If anyone has or knows anyone that could respond that would be awesome thanks

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
Matt,

There's a guy with the Upper Midwest Thunder Cats that copied the exhaust set up from SC performance, but didn't buy it there. The car sounded OK.

What sound are you looking for? I took the resonator off my LX and left everything else stock for now. If I get up around 3 grand, the engine actually sounds mean.

I'm trying to redo my exhaust the hard way...No money.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well my biggest concern is highway drone. When i first got my coug i cut off the rear mufflers- sounded good reving it but sounded like a bee on the highway. So i dont want that. I dont want it to loud enough to get people to notice :D but like i siad my main concern is highway drone oh ya do you happen to have a sound clip of it or is he on TCCOA?? If he is whats his screen name

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
I have a friend that has a similar setup with Magnaflow mufflers, resonator and high flow cats, and his is really quiet, especially on the highway. No drone at all. My true duals with cats and Magnaflows has absolutely no drone, and it cost me a lot less than that setup.

·
Confirmed V6 Nut
2,261 Posts
I think he's on SCCoA. I forgot what his handle was. His name was Marc.

I had an SC without the mufflers. It did drone on the highway. Although after 12 years of a Dodge Aries, I enjoyed the noise from Dubuque to Green Bay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts