TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to do this set-up and Im working towards this or something similar by the end of the summer. All of this would be about 600 bucks then the install price. Yall think its worth it? And those headers are 96-04 Pacesetter Longtubes. i know the modification that comes along with that also. Will those work?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want a set-up round about like this. What I really want is long tubes, true duals with an X-pipe, and 50's flows.

DUUUHHH I meant to say those are MUSTANG longtubes in the picture.

And yeah 600 is including the lontubes. All those pictures are from EBAY. The longtubes are Pacesetter. The X-pipe is generic. The cat is magnaflow. and the tips are generic. I know the extra pipe would be more. Thats why this is a all summer thing to save up for.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Kooks mid-length headers are your best bet, unless you wanna have a shop attempt to fab up a one off set of longtubes. If that's the case, make sure to bring along some Astro-Glide......

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Dont let anyone scare ya, the Mustang longtubes WILL work, I have the proof on my car and in a sticky at the top of this forum. And no not that hard to do either, just as long as you aren't scared. If you have a cut off wheel and a welder you can do it all on your own. No welder, see the pics in my thread for what I did. Or you can go the steering shaft re-route method, that also works. Or dig deep for the Kooks, but I'm a cheap skate, lol.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Is there a write up or good tech article about the steering shaft mod?

I only know of you and then one other on here (can't remember his user name) that are actually running long tubes, I think most go for the kooks or ported stock manifolds.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
392Bird has the good write up on the steering shaft mod. A quick search should pull it up for you. And yes as far as I know it's just me and Guitar Maestro who are running the longtubes, well his are on their way onto the car, he is still building the motor as far as I know. And RobertP is making over 660 rwhp through ported manifolds, so there is something to be said for those as well. It's all a matter of preference at that point, unless your going way radical with the motor, dont need the longtubes, Rob's car proves that fact. I just like them, and I like being different, and I got my longtubes really really cheap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts