TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm located in southern MA. I'm going to be having an exhaust installed within the next 3-4 weeks. Wanted to know if any one had experience with Lou's custom exhaust, I'm thinking of taking it there. Any other suggestions? My set up will be (in a Mark VIII) an x-pipe, LMS xpansionx mufflers, dual 2.5 inch ss pipe, removed third cat and resonator. How does a price of $300 sound? That's just for the installation, I'm bringing them all the parts not including the pipes. Any thoughts or recommendations for other shops? All info is appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
145 Posts
i dont know anything about Lou's custom exhaust, and i live in MA too. Also i've not heard good things about LMS, although i've never dealt w/ them, so i cant tell you on a personal level, only as much as i've heard..From what i've heard, customer service is terrible
Kyle

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the response. As for LMS....I've heard shady things too, I'm getting the mufflers he sells elsewhere. I have talked with a few people, one who previously had his 95 cougar done there, said it was a great place. Was hoping someone else went there that would let me know how their experience was. I'm new to this board, do you have any New England meets??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey, I can personally recommend Lou's. It's where I go, (and have been 4 different times with my car, and at least 3 or 4 times with friend's cars) Now, if you're in Southern MA, you might be going to a different one than I go to, so the experience might be a bit different, I don't know. But Lou's in North Reading is a quality shop, run by a nice guy.

Go for it!

-Nate Bush

·
Registered
278 Posts
I also go to and recommend Lou's in North Reading. They do great work up there, in fact everyone I know with custom exhaust goes there. I would suggest going to the Lou's in North Reading only because that's actually where Lou himself (and his sons) work, and they do the best work. I've heard the other Lou's shops aren't as good.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
I agree with the others about lou's in north reading. I've been there a few times with my 93 bird and now my 97 bird. Its a great place and i would recommend it over any other lou's custom exhaust. I live in Medford, MA and there is a lou's in my city but i still drive to north reading because i trust the guys up there. Also $300 is a good price, i was quoted $400 for the the same thing at lou's in North Reading. I am bringing my own mufflers and x-pipe and they quoted me $400 for true dual with all ss piping and ss tips.

Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts