TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Help me out. Right now I have all 3 stock cats on... no resonator... and two flowmaster 40's in the rear. If i GUT my two cats coming off the headers, will that give me a nice hollow kinda sound to it? Only thing is... the 3rd one will stay on and NOT be gutted. Also, does Dennis' chip turn off my Rear O2 Sensors so i can gut my cats without and codes being thrown??? Let me know what u all think.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I Would not gut them. If you want it louder, take off the 3rd cat and put a X pipe instead of the 3rd cat, if will be louder. NO, chip will not turn off your O2 sensors, if you are having problems, replace them.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
only problem is... no one in Indiana will touch my cats lol. I've been to several places. Reason why i wanted to gut my first two is arent they just bolted on there? So i dont have to mess with welding and crap. I think the 3rd one is welded on there correct? My friend in his trans am 5.7L gutted his cat (only one at center where it joins from Y-pipe) and it sounds decent for the rest of it being stock. Will it sound like total crap if i did? And how the heck can i turn off my rear sensors?

·
Registered
488 Posts
i wouldnt gut the first two. just cut the xhaust off at the 3rd cat and then take it to a shop and tell them that you want your mufflers put on there in the back. they will provide some pipe and welding. i did something similar here in georgia and the muffler man didnt think twice bout it
i payed him 20 bux to just weld it on and provide any xtra pipe he needed

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol..... so does a reinhart chip turn them off or not?... i got several diff people telling me different stories here.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
It will if you want it too. You just have too pick yes or no to "rear o2's off?" on the order form.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts