TCCoA Forums banner

Exhaust Swap

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  white lincoln 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the exhaust system from a 94-95 Cougar/T-bird V8 will connect / replace the single line exhaust system of a V6?

See less See more
#2 ·
I would just run true duals since you already have two cats but thats just me...

#5 ·
Well, $40 compared to $400... hmmmm.... Also, this is the wife's car.

I'm saving the money for my Mark VII to get some 2.25 duals on it!

#3 ·
Yes It Will

I DID IT:tongue: BUT YOU MUST HAVE RIGHT GAS TANKS FOR THE RIGHT YEARS....:DALSO I REPLACE:eek:D THE RESANATOR WITH A STRAIGHT Y PIPE TO GIVE BETTER FLOWING EXHAUST.... BACK THE CAR UP ON RAMPS THAT ARE 8 IN HIGER THAN STANDARD:cool: IT SET THEM ON MY PADIO FRONT ON THE GROUND 16 IN HEIGHT AS YOU NEED THE ROOM TO REMOVE THE OLD FROM THE RUBBER HANGERS AS WELL AS REMOVING THE RESNATOR:) CHOCK THE FRONT WHEELS SO IT CANNOT MOVE AS YOU WORK ON IT:rolleyes: .. RUNS BETTER NOW:)

#4 ·
I DID IT:tongue: BUT YOU MUST HAVE RIGHT GAS TANKS FOR THE RIGHT YEARS....:DALSO I REPLACE:eek:D THE RESANATOR WITH A STRAIGHT Y PIPE TO GIVE BETTER FLOWING EXHAUST.... BACK THE CAR UP ON RAMPS THAT ARE 8 IN HIGER THAN STANDARD:cool: IT SET THEM ON MY PADIO FRONT ON THE GROUND 16 IN HEIGHT AS YOU NEED THE ROOM TO REMOVE THE OLD FROM THE RUBBER HANGERS AS WELL AS REMOVING THE RESNATOR:) CHOCK THE FRONT WHEELS SO IT CANNOT MOVE AS YOU WORK ON IT:rolleyes: .. RUNS BETTER NOW:)
THANKS FOR THE GOOD INFO! BUT IN THE FUTURE, WEAR STRONGER READING GLASSES!!! Sorry, j/k and bustin' your balls.....I couldn't resist (quit taking my medications - those doctors don't know squat!) :rofl:

#6 ·
BUT YOU MUST HAVE RIGHT GAS TANKS FOR THE RIGHT YEARS
The car I pull the exhaust off was either a 94 or 95 with the V8. Mine is a 94 with the V6.

When I put my car up on stands to do the 2-3 accumulator spring, I am changing out the exhaust as well as replacing the rear main seal THAT ALWAYS LEAKS! Darn Ford's.

As for the height...

Been there done that...

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I'm glad to know someone else did it too. I did this on my 89 Conti. Same thing. I found another Conti at the yard with a dual set up. I had to modify the exhaust on it to get it to fit. Hope I don't have to do that to this one.

#10 ·
It's from a 1995 Ford Service manual on CD. See if there is one on the internet or ebay. They run about $10 or so.

Mine is called: Ford Technical Service Information Electronic Publications

I wish I had one for my 88 Mark. I don't know if they have one for 91. I think they started in 94. Check ebay for a Ford Service manual book for your year. I have one for all my cars, or I have the CD.

#13 ·
#16 ·
Here it is!

What do you think?

My V6 now has dual exhaust.

Well.. sorta kinda.

It is quieter now that it was and I have a little bit of a rattle from one of the mufflers hitting one of the rear end sub frame parts. I am going to let the metal of the new exhaust aclimate iteself to a new envroment. It slapped right in with little hard work. The worse part was the rubber hanger just in front of the drivers side half shaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.