TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, so far i have some plans later on the summer, so i decided for now to run two cats, together into 2 in/one out magna muffler...and after it exits the magna, just dump it there with a turn down...how would that sound...? i just want to know, its at the shop now, and im kinda scared of how it will sound ( since there is a 4.6 mustang at school that has a dump setup...and it sounds really bad...but the car is beat to hell to, so...)

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'll see soon...ill keep posted

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Are you talking just a turn down before the rear axle? Don't do it. Exhaust can build up under and in the car. In my opinion it would sound terrible to. Just my .02 cents worth.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
I have dumps on my Xr7. They are just below me, in the middle of the car, all you see from the back is rear suspension, yeah it is VERY loud you will get vibration in the inside I love it though I'll try to get sum pics l8r

·
Registered
271 Posts
i had my exhaust off to install my cat-back the other day, sounded awesome at idle but i took it for a drive and floored it, i couldnt hear myself think it was so loud and obnoxious

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
* Cough cough * ...

Carbon Monoxide too powerful ... must open window ...

:eek:

I would definitely run it out the back. It can't cost you too much to get a single pipe run past the rear suspension. You could probably even cut your current pipe and use that with the Magnaflow.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I think the vibration is fun :eek: It's very loud, why not just bring it back a couple more feet and dump it there? It'll drone less that way.
-Thomas

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Thomas said:
I think the vibration is fun :eek: It's very loud
i had open exhaust on mine, the pipes exited near the tailshaft of my tranny. LOUD, mirrors shook, even at like an 1/8 throttle. i was afraid to get on it in town for fear of being pulled over. sounded good at idle though, but not when driving around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts