TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have put an 80 series flowmaster on a 97' Thunderbird to get the deep sound that i am looking for......but it is still quiet..... how can i make it sound similar to the 3.8 on flowmaster's site?

·
Registered
182 Posts
First.....

To tell you the truth the 3.8 on the flowmaster site isn't a 3.8:( If you listen to the 5.7 and the 3.8 at the same time they're exactly indentical. And as far as making it louder, did you remove the resonator and/or gut the third cat? I'm also thinking about an 80's series but, if it isn't that loud than count me out!:)

·
Registered
222 Posts
3rd Cat???

I didn't think that the 3.8L had three cats. At least mine didn't. It could be a fluke though. I would go with the hollowed out cat-con. It will resonate a hell of a lot more after that.

Thundercat

·
Administrator
8,694 Posts
All 95 and up T-Bird/Cougars came with the 3rd convertor.

Joe

·
Registered
218 Posts
Eh?

My 95 does not have three cats. Just two (L and R) a resonator and a muffler.

I remeber seeing some 80's T-bird/cougars with three cats.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Mine is a 94 LX and mine <i>had</i> 3 cats (today i had true duals put on it with glasspacks) My car had california emissions on it though so I don't know. I only have 2 cat's now. The exhaust is loud as hell... i really like it, although there is a leak in one of the pipes i need to have him fix within a day or 2. I also have to have one of the pipes moved a bit. Haha I almost got pulled over by a cop the first day I have it. He got out of the straight lane and got into the turning lane i was in, got behind me, ran my tags, saw it was clear then drove off haha. the exhaust made him follow me though... it draws a crap load of attention to the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts