TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOOKING FOR EXHAUST HELP DOES ANYONE ELSE BUT JBA MAKE HEADERS FOR THE 5.0 BIRD? THEY WANT $700 WAY TO MUCH SO I DECIDED ILL JUST HAVE NEW FROM STOCK MANIFOLDS WHO HAS THE BEST HIGH FLOW CATS WHAT SIZEPIPE AND DOES ANYONE HAVE FLOWMASTERS ON THEIR CAR HOW DO THEY SOUND ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

·
Registered
488 Posts
mac made headers for our cars at one pont. You could try and get some custom long tubes but those cost more than $700. I made my exaust out of a 2.5" off road h-pipe from a 9495 stang, a 2" u bend pice of pipe from jegs and 2 dynomax 4" bullit mufflers. Its dumped under the seats. It droans from 2-2500 pretty bad but its livable for me.

Josh

·
Registered
154 Posts
Skidonenko said:
I made my exaust out of a 2.5" off road h-pipe from a 9495 stang, a 2" u bend pice of pipe from jegs and 2 dynomax 4" bullit mufflers.
Josh
Got any pics of this? or perhaps a simple sketch? I am building a new Y pipe (from off my headers) after my temp one let go (two pieces of flex into a Y ha) and want to see what others have done...

·
Registered
488 Posts
well i cut off the flanges from the stock exaust and used the u-bend (one half of it) to run along side the tranny, then cut the flanges off of the h-pipe and used a torch to make the pipes fit together and welded em. I also has to make the crossover longer, used a pice of the flange that i cut off.

Josh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts