TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what if I cut all 3 cats off the car & put 1 flowmaster on & ran it to the rear bumper & put a turndow. My frist step would be to get rid of the rear cat & see how it would sound.
Do you really need the 2 mufflers ?

·
Registered
303 Posts
well, you dont need two mufflers, but i would get a dual in dual out muffler, mount it where the resonator use to be and then run two pipes out to the rear, im partial to dual exhaust, its really upto you, but it would sound great if you cut out the cats and ran two pipes and a dual in dual out muffler.

·
Registered
513 Posts
yea, the 95's had a 3rd cat thena resonator behind it, the 96-97 just have the 3rd cat, if i understand what you wanna do you should cut out the 3rd cat and put a 2 in 2 out muffler with the duals goin out the back, sounds good to me, but if you cut out the other 2 cats you will need a chip to tell the computer that there isnt cats anymore. there are many setups that you can go with on your car, i would say the cheapest and good sounding one would be go with what ever your choice of muffler in the place of the 3rd cat and run pipes out the back without any muffler on them, so it would go from your manifolds to 2 cats to a muffler then out the back

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yes, you can use MIL's. You don't have to change your computer. All the MILs will do is keep your check engine light from coming on.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would consider the dual in-dual out from magnaflow. It will replace your resonator(third cat) and then run duals without muffs to the back. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
303 Posts
yeah i second using magnaflow, i personally found mags are better with flow and sound than the flowmasters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts