Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
that's a very nice job! best 3d bird I've seen...except for the chin :tongue:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL

The "chin" kind of looks like a jet intake... but it's an experiment in pixels so nothing's lost.

I was working on it while the Angles were beating the Giants.

Actually 3D isn't a drawing process.
You create wireframe representations of things, (vertices, lines, and faces) then apply all the values, like color, shininess, reflection, gloss, transparency, shadows, specularity, etc. Then you tell the computer to render the image with all of the values you assigned.... and you get an image. It's a LOT of work, but the nice thing is that I can take the camera and move around the objects, or move the object and get all of the proper perspectives without having to redraw by hand every frame like a 2D or cell animator does.

·
Registered
573 Posts
CyLum-
What software are you using? I use LightWave 6.5 at work, and keep telling myself I need to try to model my bird, but keep putting it off...:rolleyes: That and I'm much better at animating than modeling.;) Very nice job though!

Peter

·
Registered
116 Posts
yeah thats cool, I always wanted to learn to do it , but never have time, my friend uses the Lightwave program he makes cars too.....mostly rice cars though, nice job though

TOny

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep it's a great 3D program

I use Lightwave as well. Version 7.5

I did not create the mesh on this one though. I got it at least 4 or 5 years ago... and I can't remember where. I did do the texturing (color, reflective, gloss, etc.) and set up the Layout scene for rendering. Oh, and I created the "Mig" chin.:xpp:

I think I'll keep experimenting until I get something I like.

Thanks for the good words guys.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
hmm, dunno what this has to do with exterior parts of the car, so off to misc. it goes

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ground FX experiment

I wasn't sure, but since it had to do with creating something for the exterior of the car, I put it there.

Other people are using Photoshop to alter the paint and removing door handles and side pieces and putting them in the exterior forum, so it seemed like the logical thing to do.

I'd like to encourage other people to create something new for our 95 Birds. Right now there are only 2 GFX kits for our cars (that I know of), and I'm not really crazy about either one of them.:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very impressive model..

Did you create it yourself??? Is it to spec?

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Any way you can post the wireframe model somewhere for me? :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes, yes! Post the wire frame!:D :D :D

Peter

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ugh

No interior,... unless I feel REALLY ambitious. That would be many, many hours of work.:xpoh:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
poof, it's back, sorry bout the brain fart earlier today

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Joel It's cool!!!

:xpcool:
Hey everybody come on come on...

I'll post the TBird object if you guys will come up with some new GFX concepts.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
CyLum sent me a copy of his LightWave .lwo 3D T-Bird file, and I've converted it into .3ds for 3D Studio/3DS Viz users, .dwg for AutoCAD users, and .dxf for other users. I'll post them on my TCCoA webspace later today or tomorrow so users can try them out, (assuming that's O.K. with you, CyLum?). Also, what versions of AutoCAD are users using?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heck yeah, it's cool, but...

I tried to upload the file on the TCCoA web space already, and it won't let me because it's not an accepted file format. Maybe you'll have better luck. I was going to try and set it up on my personal web set through Road Runner, but I haven't had a chance yet. :xpcool:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
You're right - apparently TCCoA doesn't take .zip files either, so I posted them at my markviii.org webspace. I also zipped them up for smaller transfer size. Here are links:

Lightwave .lwo file http://www.markviii.org/~johnaec/95_T-BIRD_Surfaced_LWO.zip
3D Studio .3ds file http://www.markviii.org/~johnaec/95_T-BIRD_Surfaced_3DS.zip
AutoCAD R12 .dxf file http://www.markviii.org/~johnaec/95_T-BIRD_Surfaced_DXF.zip
AutoCAD R14 .dwg file http://www.markviii.org/~johnaec/95_T-BIRD_Surfaced_DWG.zip

Let me know if you have problems downloading - I'm at work right now, and the firewall won't let me test this. (I'm sysadmin here, but don't want to go to a different machine right now.) :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts