TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i recently started my car for the first time in months and ive got this code

po320 Ignition engine speed input circuit error

can anyone give me a description of what the code means? Im sure it has to do with the fact that i added COP's. it idles around 1000 occasionally dipping down to about 600 (its set to like 1018 rpm through my xcal2) but then after probably less than a minute it will jsut shut off no stumbling just off,which would mean that yeah somthing ignition related.

heres a list of the things added since it last ran (engine wise)

Vt stage 1 cams
c&l plenum
gt maf airbox and tube
converted to new style injectors
converted to COP

its also on a new tune.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
It's a misfire on cylinder #2. I am not a wiz when it comes to this stuff, but since you just converted the system to COP, I would start checking that system.

From the 1994 PCED Manual:

Misfire Continuous Memory Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs):

P0301 - Cyl #1, Inj Test Pin 75

P0302 - Cyl #2, Inj Test Pin 101

P0303 - Cyl #3, Inj Test Pin 74

P0304 - Cyl #4, Inj Test Pin 100

P0305 - Cyl #5, Inj Test Pin 73

P0306 - Cyl #6, Inj Test Pin 99

P0307 - Cyl #7, Inj Test Pin 72

P0308 - Cyl #8, Inj Test Pin 98

P0300 - multiple cylinders misfiring, or cannot identify cylinder due to Camshaft Position sensor failure.

Possible Causes:

-- Ignition System.

-- Fuel Injectors.

-- Fuel Pressure.

-- Evaporative System.

-- Canister Purge.

-- Base Engine.

-- Running out of fuel.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hey Doug,

DTC PO320-Ignition engine speed input circuit malfunction

This is what I found or at least what the AutoZone says. I looked a little more and on an F-150 site and they were saying that it was a Camshaft Position Sensor or the Crankshaft Position Sensor. On a Jeep site they said that it was a generic code for a lose of crank signal. Just take a look into that. With all the parts that were spread around the garage you never know what may have happed to it.

Nick

·
Registered
61 Posts
I wish i could help you. This is a bit off topic but, what was your reason for converting to COP's, does it run better? Did you notice any performance gains, or change in the characteristics of how it runs?

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty much i did it because i could,using guitar maestros thread i just rewired everything and used the cops that came with my explorer engine.

I havent noticed a difference since well i havent driven the car yet ive still got to get some nuts and bolts to hook up part of my exhaust so i can make sure the engine isnt making any strange noises.

But thanks ill check the connections and if anything try the spare sensors i have from the explorer engine.If anything maybe ill pull the front cover again and make sure the crack trigger wheel isnt broken at all.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah put your exhaust back on ya hippie and stop scaring the old people.

Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts