TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the explorer in head ECT sensor instead of worrying about finding a place for my wet ECT from my thunderbird. I was curious if there are any serious implications that could go along with this. Wouldn't it just be more accurate since it wouldn't be affected by air bubbles? Man I'm going on a posting frenzy tonight! I don't like studying!
-Rob

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I've been driving that way for a year now. Don't know if there are any implications or not.....I did make sure to tell J I was using that sensor when I had the chip reburned for the supercharger

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You’re not going to get the correct reading with it installed in the head. The dry socket in the head is for the newer cars that have the over heat circuit in the EEC for the cylinder head. Those ECTs need to be in contact with the water to give the EEC the correct readings.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Lonnie. I am using the updated sensor in the dry hole and from what I have seen in data logging the temps look correct but I do admit they do change at a slower rate than the water ETC. Maybe I will look at going back. Curois to hear if your thoughts are based on using the wet ETC in the dry hole or like I described.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
No I've seen others just stick the other sensor in a dry well and change the connector. That's not the way I would do it. I've done the swap in a CV and a Cougar. Both times I used a GT intake, then drilled and tapped the aluminum cross over for the wet sensor and just left the well in the head alone. Only other time I did this was when I put a Bullitt engine in a 92 CV but then I also swapped out the harness and EEC for a 02 Police CV so I had all the right sensor and holes.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
Cool. Well actually now that I have the SVO on it has an extra hole in the manifold...maybe I'll switch back

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna switch once I get a damn new intake with Al crossover.
-Rob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts